MAKEDO is a simple to use, open-ended system of tools for creative cardboard construction. Build imaginative and useful creations from up-cycled, re-purposed, everyday… cardboard!
Take a look at the make.do website for ideas of what you could build with this box.
Who could use this?
The awesomeness of Makedo is that children learn by doing, creating, experimenting, failing and maybe succeeding… but that’s not essential. The creations then open the door to imaginative play where the child is protagonist in a hack-able world of their own making. Designed for girls and boys, young and old, individuals and groups of all skill levels. With Makedo you can make anything imaginable, of any size, from a flower to a fort, a mask to a maze.
What’s in the box?
- 21 x SCRU (cardboard-specific quick-fix screw)
- 7 x SCRU XL (as above, but larger)
- 2 x SCRU-DRIVER (tool for attaching Scrus)
- 3 x SAFE-SAW (these are amazing! Really quick and easy way to hack through even thick cardboard boxes. They take a bit of practice but slightly older children will quickly learn the knack.)
- 1x MINI-TOOL
- CARDBOARD (you can use your own, but we’ll package up some stock to get you started!)