We’re delighted to once again host the Royal Academy of Engineering’s networking event for teachers of STEM subjects. All teachers of science, design/technology, mathematics, computer science, and related subjects, at primary and secondary level, are welcome to attend. Also welcome are people supporting formal learning: for example, STEM Ambassadors and other organisations in the sector.
- Connecting STEM Teachers – local and national picture
- Updates from NUSTEM, including a chance to play with some recent equipment acquisitions
- Royal Institution Masterclasses
- STEM Learning update
- Tomorrow’s Engineers – the EEP Robotics Challenge update
- RAEng resource box: Engineering in the Movies. Lets pupils explore the creative and practical side of STEM in the movie industry while introducing the important role engineers have in the movie industry. A dozen activities suitable for KS2 and KS3 pupils.
- Tea and cake!
Attendance is free of charge, but please register so we have an idea of how much cake to order. More importantly, if you register you’ll be able to take away one of the resource boxes.
If you wish to attend, please drop an email to David Thomas, email@example.com.
If this is your first visit to Think Lab, it can be slightly tricky to find. We’re on the main Northumbria University city campus: see this page for detailed directions.