Are you interested in pursuing a STEM subject at University? Do you enjoy STEM subjects and want to gain research experience?
If so, the Nuffield Research Placements scheme may be for you.
For four weeks during the summer holidays you could be working on a small project that develops your research skills and enhances your university application and future career prospects.
During your placement, you could be based in an office, a laboratory or doing fieldwork at a university, research institute or voluntary organisation. Working alongside professional researchers, you will contribute to a project that is an important part of their business.
You will gain first-hand experience of working within the STEM research sector. These newly learnt research skills could be used to apply for CREST awards, entering the Big Bang competition or presenting at conferences.
At the end of the four weeks you will present your findings at a local celebration event where you will receive a certificate from the Nuffield Foundation.
Best of all, the placement is free!
All travel costs are reimbursed and depending on family circumstances, you could receive a £100 bursary for taking part.
To be eligible, you must:
– Be over 16, in year 12 (or equivalent) and in full-time education in the UK
– Have at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at level 6 or above, including maths, a science subject and English (or another humanities subject)
– Be currently studying science, technology, engineering, economics, geography, geology, psychology, computing, statistics or maths at A-level (or equivalent)
One of the following must also apply:
– You have been eligible for free school meals now or in the past
– You are the first in your family to go to university
– Your combined family household income is below £30,000 a year
– You live or have lived in local authority care
Interested in applying? Click here.
Applications are open now.
Or find out more here.