Working in collaboration with businesses individual STEM workers charities employer groups
NUSTEM’s vision is for a vibrant and sustainable STEM sector which meets the needs of learners and employers, reflecting the diversity of wider society.
We know that many STEM employers have the same vision.
We therefore support STEM employers, sector bodies and Engagement organisations to develop evidence-informed activities and resources. As well as doing ‘outreach’ we carry out research and evaluation into STEM engagement and career aspirations.
At its simplest, we would recommend that organisations:
- Start working with families and children from a young age.
- Use attributes of people working in STEm to help children to see what they have in common with them.
- Show parents and carers the different routes into STEM careers.
- Support teachers to include careers in their subject lessons. Showcase local opportunities.
- Ensure that company culutre is inclusive of staff from different backgrounds. Make STEM sectors good places to work.
Below are some examples of how we have worked with different organisations. Get in touch if you’d like to know more.