Exploring Extreme Environments (E3) is a three year project with 8 primary schools in the North East.
Funded by an STFC nucleus grant, E3 takes children, families and teachers on a journey through extreme environments; from the freezing temperature of the polar regions on Earth, to the heat of the Sun.
- Art-science workshops to find out about the light from the Sun
- Poetry-science workshops to explore how ice-cores can reveal secrets about the past
- Family workshops on renewable technologies in Antarctica
- Robotic Space Explorers storytime
- STEM person of the Week
- Exploring Extreme Environments assemblies
- Teacher CPD about how the work of STFC can support teaching in primary science.