Visit Mars with Rosie the Rover, build a Mars landscape and create your own Mars rovers using our Duplo set.
Who could use this?
This box is aimed at EYFS or Year 1 children still working towards the Early Learning Goals, to enhance a space topic.
ELG: Creating with Materials
- Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques,experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function;
- Share their creations, explaining the process they have used;
- Make use of props and materials when role playing characters in narratives and stories.
What’s in the box?
- Are We Nearly There Yet? story for inspiration.
- Mars mat
- Space and Mars themed Duplo
Download full contents list here.
The Primary Science Teaching Trust has some additional careers links you may like to look at. These are called “A scientist just like me” and introduce children to a diverse range of scientists.
Solar scientist Helen Mason.