First Light in a Dark Room
The images above have been nine months in the making. That’s precisely the amount of time needed to:
- Talk to research scientist Paul about CACOON, permafrost and the Arctic
- Find a local artist, meet with them and explain the project
- Prototype a camera that we can use in schools workshop to model permafrost melt using ice
- Put the prototype back into the sink (it was made from a washing up bowl) and build the sleek, black camera in the gallery above
- Fire up the camera and take our first exposures!
The next step is a bit of process refinement: we need to make the camera usable in a school environment. We’ll be stress-testing the camera and the procedure over the coming months – come back for more information!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!