Can you construct an electrical circuit? This box contains all of the components you will need to investigate circuits, including batteries, wires, switches, bulbs, buzzers and motors.
Who could use this?
In Year 3 this box could be used to investigate:
- What happens to bulbs when more cells are added to a circuit
- Which materials can and cannot be used to connect across a gap in a circuit
- Which groups of materials tend to be conductors of electricity.
In Year 6, you could extend your investigations to explore:
- What happens when components in a circuit are changed one at a time
- To solve practical problems by using the components to design and make useful circuits, such as traffic lights or burglar alarms.
What’s in the box?
- Maker Breaker x2 (this is a tube which lights up when you complete the circuit by holding the ends)
- Permanent magnets
- Electricity Kit x1
- Switch pack x1
- Light Bulbs 10 pack
- Pack of switches x1
- Wire bundle
- Screwdrivers x6
- Plastic torches