Chemists study chemicals and matter on atomic and molecular level. They investigate and measure reaction rates and other properties of substances in order to understand more about those substances. They experiment with simple forms of matter to understand how elements join together to form different substances. Chemists typically specialise in one of the sub disciplines of chemistry such as biochemistry, neurochemistry, nuclear chemistry or forensic chemistry- see the variety of examples below.
Attributes: creative, observant, organised
- The Primary Science Teaching Trust has a downloadable slideshow (PDF) about Rabi Chaantyal-Pun who is as atmospheric chemist and a downloadable slideshow (PDF) about Dr Anwar Kkan who is an atmospheric scientist.
- There a downloadable slideshow (PDF) about Dr Kirsty Anderson who is a medicinal chemist and a downloadable slideshow (PDF) about Dr Kirsty Anderson who is a medicinal chemist too.
- There is a downloadable slideshow (PDF) about Candy Jiang who is an analytical chemist.
- There is also this video of Candy Jiang, an analytical chemist in her place of work talking about what she does.
- It’s part of their resource A Scientist Just Like Me.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!